Thursday, July 26, 2007

Chicks Doing Chick Stuff



Recently, I had a peek in my male friend's sketchbook.

"Wow! That's a lot of boobs! And GUNS!"

I don't know why I'm surprised. Working in animation studios filled with horny, overworked, repressed male artists- I've seen plenty of boobs and guns in my day.

But maybe it's stuff like this that reminds me boys and girls are...different.

I'm usually loathe to specify men are THIS...women are THAT....

But these tend to be what the women in my sketchbook look like. And it's not like the boys I draw are "Mr. Universe With His Shirt Off" baking a cake either.

I think that's true for a lot of other female artists.

Hmmm....why do you think that is?

1 comment:

PicturesofHope said...

Hey there. I just stumbled upon this page right now, and I think the reason guys are usually drawing girls maybe a little more risque then you would is, first of all, guys like girls! I mean, it seems that you wouldn't draw overly sexy girls is because you ARE a girl, and obviously don't see girls the same way. Also, men ARE wired differently then women! Men are by nature visual and more "turned on" i guess you can say, by images. So , take a guy, give him a wild imagination, and a kick ass ability to draw, theyre going to draw more sexual representations of women. and finally, men are pigs!